Brief History
Buffalo County Fair
Agenda & Minutes
County Board
Elected Officials
Online Land Records
Sheriff/Tax Sale
Telephone Directory
Frequent Questions
Employee E-mail


Child Support Agency


Brenda Berning

Child Support Coordinator/ Assistant to the Director

email: brenda.berning@buffalocounty.com

Telephone: (608) 685-6314  


Karen Weiss

Child Support/Financial Specialist 

email: karen.weiss@buffalocounty.com

Telephone: (608) 685-6322  

407 S. 2nd St., P.O. Box 517

Alma, WI 54610


FAX NUMBER:  608-685-3342


Office Hours: 

Monday - Friday

8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.


Located within the Health and Human Services Department on 

3rd floor in the Buffalo County Courthouse.

A completed application form is required to obtain services from Buffalo County Child Support.  A one-time $25 fee is may also be required, please contact the Child Support Agency for details on the fee requirements. 


Issues regarding physical placement and custody are not services provided by the Child Support Agency.

The Buffalo County Child Support Agency is an equal opportunity service provider.  If you need assistance to access services or materials in an alternate format, please contact the agency.


Types of Services Offered by the Child Support Office:

PDF File            Word Document

Establishing Paternity 

PDF File            Word Document

Establish Child Support Orders

PDF File            Word Document

Enforce Child/Medical Support Orders

PDF File            Word Document

Interstate Enforcement

PDF File            Word Document

Finding Absent Parents  PDF File             Word Document
Reviews of Child/Family Support Orders PDF File              Word Document

Helpful Links:

WI Child Support Program (English)






Child Support Services On-line


Buffalo County Clerk of Court


Frequently Used Forms


Employer Forms http://dcf.wisconsin.gov/bcs/employer.htm

Helpful Hints On What Forms To Use:


Use form FA 4170 to seek changes to court orders or judgments. DO NOT use this packet if:


You and the other party agree to the changes (Use the Stipulation packet FA-604);

Your divorce, legal separation or paternity judgment has not yet been granted;

You want to enforce a court order or judgment (use the Contempt Packet: FA-5009).

You may be required to pay a filing fee.
For further information on which form to use, see FA 5008 Pro Se Instructions.
Contempt Use form FA-4172 to seek assistance from the court if the other party has violated or not followed a court order or judgment.  If the violation is related to physical placement, you may also use the Notice of Hearing and Petition to Enforce Physical Placement FA-609.
For further information on how to complete form, see FA 5009 Pro Se Contempt Packet.
Stipulation Use Form FA 604 if parties are in agreement to change court order or judgment.
A stipulation is a formal written agreement between parties to change a current court order or judgment.  Because this is a stipulation, neither party will have to appear in court.  If this agreement is approved and signed by the judge, it becomes a court order.
Do not submit this form to the court without the other party's signature, as the court will not contact the other party to obtain it for you.
Enforcement of Physical Placement Use Form FA-609
This form allows a parent who has been awarded periods of physical placement to seek enforcement of a physical placement order.
Mediation Use Form FA-4134
Use this form if you are having problems concerning a legal custody or physical placement issue to request an order from the court that would require the parties to participate in mediation of those issues prior to filing a court action.

The purpose of mediation is to allow parents input into developing a solution to their placement issues and avoid the emotional and financial burden court actions may entail.  The focus of mediation is to reach an agreement, or plan, which will be in the best interest of your child(ren).  If you are unable to reach an agreement or fail to abide by the schedules established in mediation, you may then need to file a motion with the Court for judicial determination of your disputed issues.

              You are encouraged to seek legal assistance to verify that these forms are the most appropriate for your situation, court staff and the Child Support Agency cannot give legal advice.